CHAMPION PTFE SEALANT TAPE
Champion PTFE Thread Sealant Tape is a high purity, high density tape manufactured using premium grade virgin PTFE. Champion PTFE Tapes are resistant to a broad range of corrosive chemicals, gases, acids and liquids.
• Lower porosity due to high density.
• Compatible with broad range of gases, and liquids across various piping materials.
Does not harden/ crack on joints.
• Easily removable for maintenance.
• Effective across wide range of temperatures and pressures.
• Prevents electrolytic corrosion of threaded joints.
• Zero curing time, unlimited shelf life, non-flammable.
Thread Wrapping Method Instructions for proper usage:
For threads up to 1½” diameter, use ½” width of thread seal tape. For > 1¼” diameter, use” or 1″ width of thread seal tape. Clean the male and female threads thoroughly before application. Wind the tape around the male thread by hand, using a constant minimal tension sufficient for the tape to take up the form of the thread. The tape should be wound in a helical fashion with a 50% overlap in the direction of the thread so that when the connection is completed the finishing end of the tape remains in position. The tape width should not exceed the length of the thread form,
To know more about our wide range of products, Please see our product list.